Saturday, February 25, 2006

MoreThanYou Can Give,a song about the reality of drunk driving

More Than You Can Give:My mother was killed-when she was nineteen-and I was less-than two years old--Oh I miss her still-though I've never seen-the love that I can guess-my mother showed--C:You've taken more than a womans life-a mother and a wife-you've taken love that would be mine-my childrens for all time-you've taken more than you can give-you've taken from our lives-what was in store that we would live-forever has been lost-This is the cost-this is the cost-V:A drunken man aimed-the car that killed her-and tore these lives-like some old rag--To kill and to maim-the pictures all blur-the holes I have inside-You can't give me back--C:Copyright1997Delbert W. Allegood.Related songs may be found at HTTP://journals.aol.com/whowhatim/Children Of The Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Widgetize!